Consultant, Health & Benefits (4644)
Consultant, Health & Benefits
Morneau Shepell Ltd.
Health & Benefits Consultant
Health& Benefits Solutions
Full Time, Permanent
Benefits programs are an important and highly valued part of any employment offering. But understanding how much or what type of benefit coverage is necessary can be difficult. Our client relationship model is consultative and encourages continual communication. By providing you with the resources to support Employers in engaging employees in their health, we provide a path to better workforce health and productivity.
Our Consultant works in a team and is responsible for managing, servicing and providing quality benefits consulting services for small to medium sized clients. In addition they will be responsible for helping to build business with existing clients as well as attracting and supporting new clients through our association partnerships.
- Identifying and managing of cross-sell opportunities
- Developing strategic relationship with key account contacts and introducing Morneau Shepell team members as appropriate
- Supervising the complete employee benefits cycle: plan design, provider search, implementation, experience monitoring, renewal rating
- Develops new business with existing clients and assists in obtaining new business with prospective clients focusing on our key association partnerships
- Aims to understand client needs and identifies company or industry products or services that can meet these needs
- Delivers presentations to clients; conducts client meetings and the occasional employee presentation.
- Ensures that quality control and service standards are attained with every transaction
- Negotiates, problem solves and maintains positive relationships with insurers, external advisors and internal underwriting and benefits administration departments
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with clients, through regular telephone contact and office visits
- Understands the client’s perspective and priorities, and works with the client to resolve administrative issues
- Establishing strategies for services that meet client needs
- Providing and overseeing direct day-to-day support for clients by phone, e-mail, letters, formal reports, and face-to-face meetings
- Leading and managing multiple client assignments and projects
- Manages special projects as require
- Peer reviews the work of analysts
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry trends including insurer news, products, legislation, and cost trends as well as current knowledge of our company's products and services
- Five years of experience in group benefits. Preference will be given to those from the group insurance industry, a consulting firm or brokerage or in an HR department.
- Post-secondary education
- GBA (CEBS) designation, or working towards it.
- Life Insurance license (this will be a requirement within 3 months of onboarding)
- Strong presentation skills and comfort speaking in front of large groups
- Understanding of consultative selling and the ability to manage the sales cycle effectively and autonomously
- Expert negotiation, technical and analytical skills
- Can effectively communicate complex concepts in plain written and spoken language
- Exceptional customer focus; some would say you’re the best
- Extremely organized self-starter, flexible, highly independent
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Proven collaborative team member with the ability to motivate and inspire team members