Group Benefits Consultant (4665)
Group Benefits Consultant
Western Compensation & Benefits Consultants
Western Compensation & Benefits Consultants has provided comprehensive compensation and benefits consulting services to client organizations for over 35 years. The Firm has a solid reputation for delivering quality services which assist clients in attracting, motivating and retaining their talented employees.
Working in a team environment, the Group Benefits Consultant has responsibility for managing and providing quality services to the Firm’s clients. WCBC provides the opportunity to work with first rate committed professionals in a collegial work setting. A competitive total compensation package is offered along with continual development and growth opportunities.
Major Position Responsibilities
• Conduct analysis and design plans which achieve client human resources strategies and objectives.
• Determine appropriate financing methods for group benefit plans.
• Conduct group insurance provider searches including design of specifications and analysis of quotations.
• Conduct effective anniversary rate renewal analyses and negotiations.
• Develop and maintain positive work relationships with group insurers.
• Develop and maintain excellent client relationships and provide day-to-day support to resolve administrative or other benefit-related issues.
• Participate in presentations to client organizations and their employees.
• Assist in developing additional business with existing clients and in obtaining new clients.
• Participate as a member of the Firm’s total compensation team.
• Manage special projects as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary education coupled with benefits training.
• Five years or more experience in the group benefits field.
• Highly developed technical and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated, flexible and able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively as a team member.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge of benefit trends, legislation, products/services.
Your covering letter and resume will be maintained in strict confidence.