Retirement Services Coordinator (4632)
Retirement Services Coordinator
Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA)
Reporting to the Director, Retirement Services, this position provides administrative and program support to the Retirement Services area for a variety of programs including: APEX (Defined Benefit Plan), MuniSERP, ACPP (Defined Contribution Plan) and group RRSPs/TFSAs. The Retirement Services Coordinator is responsible for employers and employees plan enrollment, providing plan administrator orientation, plan reconciliation, responses to plan inquiries, as well as employer and employee communication items. In addition, the position provides administrative support for Board meetings and Customer Advisory Groups.
1 Year Maternity Leave Contract
Program Services 1
- Enroll new employers and their employees into the applicable retirement services product(s) by sending, receiving and filing the necessary documents.
- Orient new employers in remitting payments and contributions and assist in determining the correct contribution amounts required to remit to the plan(s).
- Track new and terminated employees in relation to their plan(s).
- Perform data entry into the pension administration system (Pen Pro Plus).
- Compile APEX contributions on a regular basis, reconciling with payments and assisting employers in making adjustments when necessary.
- Compile year end reconciliation reports for all APEX employers, working with employers to make any necessary adjustments or corrections. Work with Finance to ensure reconciliation efforts support year end auditing requirements.
- Complete weekly payment and contribution remittances and data reporting between participating employers and the fund holder for the ACPP and Group RRSP/TFSA plans to ensure contributions are allocated accordingly on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of member annual statements and communications as required.
- Maintain the Plan Administrator Synergy site to ensure documents are kept current and assist participating employers with the set-up and orientation.
- Respond to new and existing client retirement services inquiries, escalating the inquiry as necessary.
- Provide timely and accurate information flow between third party service providers and information needed by members.
- Compile and send annual MuniSERP costing report packages to all MuniSERP employers.
- Provide administrative support for the APEX Board and Customer Advisory Group meetings: creating agendas, taking minutes; providing materials, booking logistics and assisting with the completion of action items as required.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of internal and external communications, obtaining necessary approvals and distributing as required.
- Maintain member contact lists and tracking documents, assist in the preparation of board materials, and provide updates to internal and board related reports and initiatives.
- Keep procedure documents up to date and in accordance with contractual agreements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide back up support for the Senior Pension Analyst.
- Other related duties as required.
Busy office environment requiring completion of numerous tasks with fluctuating timelines.
Education and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in pension administration is an asset.
- Retirement Plans Associate (RPA), or other relevant designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a retirement administration role.
- Experience in an association environment would be an asset.
- Proven sensitivity in a public sector service delivery environment as well as an optimistic, yet realistic, focus on results.
Skills and Attributes
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Highly organized and a proven ability to prioritize effectively, comply with deadlines, and to work concurrently on a variety of tasks in a busy office environment.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with staff, plan members, key partners and service providers and provide sound guidance on emerging issues, escalating as required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with plan administrators to identify their concerns and needs with respect to Retirement Services.
- Strong knowledge of products customarily included in the Retirement Services programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and computer based customer data files and records.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Superior ethics and adherence to strict confidentiality requirements.
- Committed to excellence, innovation and continuous improvement in the workplace.