Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage for approximately 1.5 million British Columbians through employee group plans and through individual plans for those who do not have coverage with their employers.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Community Connection Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
If you are committed to improving the health and well-being of British Columbians, we are currently recruiting for a Director, Pharmacy Services to join our Operations department. The role will be located at our head office in Burnaby, BC.
Key Accountabilities Include:
Organizational Planning and Effectiveness
1. Researches, analyzes, and recommends best practices to PBC on all aspects of pharmacy services to improve overall effectiveness and efficiency in order that PBC remains cost effective and competitive including:
- effective drug management techniques and formulary design
- cost containment strategies for Drug Utilization
2. Acts as an expert resource to internal departments at PBC on pharmacy services by analyzing and explaining drug utilization trends, industry and competitor intelligence, and the impact of legislative changes.
3. Conducts comprehensive drug reviews and be able to critically evaluate clinical studies to make evidence based drug listing decisions for the managed formulary and PBC’s prior authorization program.
4. Chairs the Drug Advisory Committee that makes listing decisions for the managed formulary.
5. Reviews disputed claims and issues and makes recommendations for successful resolution.
Customer, Client and Member Service
1. Researches, analyzes and recommends best practices to employers to guide their decision making for plan design and benefits offerings to their employees.
2. Participates as requested in sales presentations, client visits and supports sales in retaining and attracting new business by promoting PBC Pharmacy Services as a thought leader in drug benefits management.
3. Represents PBC at industry roundtable discussions and other events in order to assist PBC in its positioning as leader in effective drug management by:
- speaking to audiences as an industry expert on drug plan management
- acquiring and sharing advanced knowledge in new pharmaceuticals and current public and private payer drug plans.
4. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the pharmaceutical industry contributing to positioning PBC as leader in effective drug management.
Strategy and Implementation
1. In consultation with the SVP and COO, develops a strategic vision for pharmacy in alignment with corporate and Claims Services goals.
2. Develops and implements programs for effective drug management.Monitors progress of the programs and key performance indicators to ensure the achievement of goals that were set out in the development stage.
3. Develops and implements key policies for improved health outcomes in drug management, monitors the policies to ensure they meet the objective.
1. Maintains drug management formularies and ensures processes are accurate and efficient.Researches improvement options if processed as needing to be upgraded.
2. Reviews existing processes for all drug programs and work streams for continuous improvement and looks to enhance efficiencies.
3. Oversees the ongoing review and expansion of the Preferred Provider Network (PPN).
Leadership, Employee Development and Performance Coaching
1. Provides leadership to direct reports and staff to develop and promote an engaged and productive workforce by:
- developing and maintaining an effective organizational structure and staff model to achieve operational goals and service level objectives;
- forecasting changing business needs and aligns team structure, skills and experience to provide career development opportunities and ensure the internal talent pool is deployed to their fullest extent;
- providing technical direction, advice and guidance to team;
- providing coaching and mentoring support for direct reports including conducting regular coaching and performance review sessions to provide feedback on individual performance.
2. Works with staff in the operational divisions that support pharmacy to ensure that they have the knowledge required to be successful in supporting the goals of pharmacy.
Oversees communication to promote PBC’s approach to pharmacy management and monitors the results of the communication to see where improvements can be made.
Please apply via our website at: http://www.pbchbs.com/Corp/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short listed candidates will be contacted.